Lam Woman – Maria Knyzeva
Maria is a lot of things: psychologist, artist, interior designer, teacher and mother of two adorable girls. There is always something about her that caught our attention the first time we met.
“Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old”
Maria shared her favourite quote while showing us around her cozy home.
1. What normally generates your creativity?
I was born in the creative family and everyone love to discuss about architecture, literature, design, and theatre. That is how it got to me naturally.
2. Why did you choose Saigon as your second home to stay and how you love it here?
We moved to Saigon from Moscow 2,5 years ago as my husband got job here. Saigon is quite silent and pleasant place especially comparing to my hometown Moscow.
3. What are some of the most valuable lessons you’ve learned?
Our life is a lesson itself. I appreciate what comes across and learn how to let go once it passes.
4. Do you have any favorite quote?
“People should be beautiful in every way—in their faces, in the way they dress, in their thoughts and in their innermost selves.”
5. What is the first thing you would do to start your day?
A Cup of Vietnamese Coffee. I have one morning’s mantra – it’s a line from poem Federico Garcia Lorca: “In the green morning I wanted to be a heart. A heart. And in the ripe evening I wanted to be a nightingale. A nightingale. Soul, turn orange-colored. Soul, turn the color of love.”
6. What is your favorite recipe when cooking for yourself at home?
I love pasta! Italy is my favorite country.
7. Any book you are reading at the moment?
David Boyle “How to be English”
8. How you normally end your day?
Kiss my husband in the bed.